Mother's Day gift from Brooklyn and David: cute corn holders (cows), kabob skewers w/ Texas stars, and See's chocolates!
Memorial day weekend we bought a new fridge on Saturday, barbequed steaks and corn on Monday, and basically just chilled out. My kind of holiday!
We've been assigned to the Marriage and Family Relations class for Sunday School. It's 16 weeks long, so I guess we'll survive. Not looking forward to it, but maybe I'll change my mind when we get into it. It's just that the Gospel Doctrine teachers are awesome, and we were really enjoying that class. Anyway, lesson 1 had a great talk by Pres. Packer. I love that he was so black and white about some things. It's about time the world knew all that. There IS right and wrong.
My boss, Brett, has just been called as the ward clerk. One of his responsibilities is the ward website and calendar. Since I do the Sunday bulletin, I now get emails from him. It's just weird!
3 comments:
you've been assigned to go to the class or teach it? i feel your pain...great teachers make church go by so much faster.
good to see a post! (and jim makes a great corn model!)
Just to go to the class. And the teacher has taught it before (about 7 times), so she knows what she's doing. I just wasn't excited about the whole topic. But we'll see.
I know, ewwww, who wants to work on their marriage? j/k How is the class going so far?
Those are pretty flowers. I'm glad I picked some good ones, eh? :) The corn holders are too cute. I hope you had a great day!
Post a Comment