Starting with negatives, which seems to be my style:
Our satellite network has been on the fritz. How annoying. We even missed two of our shows that we record, the first new Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy last Thursday. Bummer. We're supposed to get a replacement receiver box, which is great except we lose everything in the old box. So we've been trying to watch everything as we go.
Kind of hard when one works till 9 or 10 pm, however. (me) The "luxury ground transportation" business just took off when we offered to book service in other cities. The reservations dept has a new full time person and a temp. Dispatch has added people so we're truly 24/7. But accounting? Still 2 1/2 of us. They've said I can hire another person, but I have to do it, and I just don't have time!
This is the evil bunch who take up all my time. Roger, Kim, and Brett are management (center back). My dept is Cherry, 2nd from right in 2nd row, and Faye (part time), front row in red.

~~~~~
On a brighter note, last Feb we visited Rebecca again, for Mary Rachel's baptism. It was a ball. Even David and Brooklyn and the girls, who were just coming off a visit to Brooklyn's family in Albuquerque, flew to Henderson (NV). They really shouldn't have, as the girls were overloaded with visiting and just wanted to go home, but it sure was nice to have them there. Mary looked
lovely, and all went well. The twins were enthralled with the baptism itself. "Do me next, Daddy!"
The proud grandparents.
David and Brooklyn, Cambria & Maya w/Mary
The whole gang (our "side". Bryce's parents and sister were there, too)
Presents? Cool!
I got to stay three extra days while Jim went to a conference in LV. Monday we went bowling (which I hadn't done for probably 35 years). I'm no longer remotely good, but it was fun! Tyce is pretty good, as are Rebie and Bryce (a powerhouse!) Mary's still learning, and the little ones had a good time, too, but I'm not sure they really get it yet.
Tyce gets ready Cameron's ready to shove the ball. He gets amazing scores.
Harrison has his own style, too.
I didn't get any good shots of Mary, but she was a
great part of the experience.
great part of the experience.
Rebecca & Bryce - ever a handsome couple!
3 comments:
HOOOOOORAY! A new post (and a very beautifully arranged one at that)!
fun to see your office peeps.
and no way we shouldn't have come! it was a little rough at times, but there is no way we could have foreseen that, and it was TOTALLY worth it to see everyone anyway!
and we would roll out the red carpet for you if we got the opportunity!
Mom! You blogged! I almost fell off my chair! (j/k)
I loved reading your post. I loved seeing those pictures!
I love you!
YEA!!! I always check just to see if anything new has been added. TO MY SURPRISE there was all kinds of good family stuff. Congrat's Mary Rachel, hope I got the name right!
Family is everything!
Still working hard I see Pat!
I will be in KWD the end of May for a week, hope to see you!
Post a Comment