New slogan in Houston: I Don't Like Ike.
(If you're too young to know, this refers to Pres. Dwight D. Eisenhower's campaign slogan, I Like Ike. )
Our front walk, from the street
The driveway
Jim's bored, so he's keeping out of the rain and cutting up branches.
The next door neighbors had a tree "rest" on their back roof. Amazingly, it did little damage.
They lost a tree in front, too.
Our debris pile, plus a dozen bags. A crew came today and scooped up the debris with a claw-like machine, and dumped it in a big truck. Hooray! The bags are still here, but it's better!
One more shot of our debris pile, as well as the next two neighbors'. That's pretty much what it looks like all over Kingwood.
4 comments:
Holy cow. Good pictures. Now I see what it looked like for you guys. Crazy!
Blessed you are! We couldn't help remembering your kindness during the last hurricane by taking us all in. We missed doing news stories under the street light. I am glad you are all well and that life is back to normal.
wow!!! what a storm! so glad you guys survived it with minimum damage!
so sad so much of that beautiful green that i have come to love about kingwood was destroyed.
really great pictures to give an idea!
boy were you guys lucky!
I don't know how I missed these posts b/c I check back all of the time.
Glad you were blessed to miss most of the hassle and mess from what I heard of what Ike did in that area!
Post a Comment