Saturday, July 28, 2007

Update

Guess I'll update our blog. I probably will only write once a quarter or so, so don't expect more! We really don't have much to say on a daily basis; our lives are pretty much the same every day. That said, we'll see . . .

~~~~~

On May 29 Jim started a new job, with Banfield, the Pet Hospitals. He's a Field Director (equivalent of a retail District Manager), with his area being Houston, El Paso, and maybe New Mexico. It will be different than retail (yay) and hopefully, less stressful, and more fun around the holidays. He'll be helping the vet hospitals become more productive, efficient, and profitable. Part of his training was actually working in the pet hospitals, and these are the cute scrubs they wear. Being a distinguished, gray-haired man, people thought he was the doctor!




















~~~~~

June 5 Pat went in the hospital for a week with cellulitis of the leg and foot. Not fun, but not really "sick", either, so not too bad. Just be glad I didn't take pictures of that!

~~~~~

This was my Mother's Day stuff. Thanks, everyone.

~~~~~

We have some good friends who have moved (with Exxon) to Sakhalin Island, Russia. What an adventure, huh? Then Jim heard from a recruiter who was looking for someone to help set up music stores in . . . Moscow, Russia! We later found that they needed different background than he has, but it was fun to talk about moving there. However, for someone who vowed never to live in snow again, it would have been a strange choice.

~~~~~

We replaced our fence. It was gray and falling apart. Now it's golden and lovely!


You know if replacing the fence is a highlight, our lives are pretty bland. But that's okay. We like our lives. We go to work, we watch TV, we read, we play and shop online; we go out to dinner every Saturday night (Mexican, of course), we go to Church. Life really is good!

2 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Like I said on the phone, *I* think your life is interesting because I'm not there and I want to know everything, like what your new fence looks like. :)

Dad, I like the scrubs. The pattern is very . . . dignified.

brooklyn said...

lovely new fence!

yeah for pictures! now, i can keep you more easily in our lives. caima and maya love to see you!