Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas in California

Henderson, Nevada sure upstaged Houston in the snow department. (See Rebecca's blog for pictures.) They had several inches. Oh well, I'm still thrilled with our dusting of real snow.

We went to David and Brooklyn's in Mountain View, CA for Christmas. We had such a good time. The girls are so awesome! Fun, thoughtful, kind, cute . . . just as perfect as granddaughters should be.

Christmas Eve we went to San Francisco and rode the cable car.

For Christmas, each girl got a Cabbage Patch doll and a doll stroller. Welcome, Lila and Alvera!




Happily, the strollers were well-made
and easy to maneuver, and were a hit!



Coloring was a popular activity, too.

Beautiful Brooklyn's new black rose
Pat got a hand carved wooden nativity set
from Oaxaca, Mexico
that D&B bought when
they were there this year.
Awesome!
Caima gives love while Maya "blowdries" Daddy's hair.
Decorating cupcakes. Yum! The next day we hung out, played Settlers, and went to a movie. (Despereaux - not really worth your time or money.) All-in-all a wonderful, relaxing, fulfilling vacation/holiday trip. Can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Oooo, I loved seeing the pictures and I wish I had been there! I'm also anxious to go to D&B's new house so I can get a feel for where these pictures were taken. I keep trying to invision their old place and nothing seems to fit.

brooklyn said...

we LOVED having you and feel lucky we got you this year! it made our holiday great.

Dan and Dee said...

I think you should post AT LEAST once a month Pat!
Cute little girls with their strollers and baby dolls! Brought a smile to my face!